Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Irony of Being a Jew

The Irony of Being a Jew
When Paul Newman died, they said how great he was but they failed to mention he considered himself Jewish (born half-Jewish).
When the woman (Helen_Suzman) who helped Nelson Mandela died recently, they said how great she was, but they failed to mention she was Jewish.
On the other side of the equation, when Ivan Boesky or Andrew Fastow or Bernie Madoff committed fraud, almost every article mentioned they were Jewish.
However, when Ken Lay, Jeff Skilling, Martha Stewart, Randy Cunningham, Gov. Edwards, Conrad Black, Senator Keating, Gov Ryan, and Gov Blago jevich messed up; no one reported what religion or denomination they were, because they were not Jewish.
This is a reminder of a famous Einstein quote: In 1921, Albert Einstein presented a paper on his then-infant Theory of Relativity at the
Sorbonne, the prestigious French university.
"If I am proved correct," he said, "the Germans will call me a German, the Swiss will call me a Swiss citizen, and the French will call me a great scientist.
"If relativity is proved wrong, the French will call me a Swiss, the Swiss will call me a German, and the Germans will call me a Jew."

No comments: