Thursday, September 13, 2012

When you thought I wasn?t looking

?When you thought I wasn?t looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the
refrigerator and I immediately wanted to paint another one. When you
thought I wasn?t looking, I saw you feed a stray cat and I learned that it
was good to be kind to animals. When you thought I wasn?t looking, I saw
you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that little things can be
very special in life. When you thought I wasn?t looking, I heard you say a
prayer to G-d and I learned that there was a G-d that I could always talk
to and I learned to trust in G-d. When you thought I wasn?t looking, I saw
you make a meal and take it to a friend who was ill and I learned that we
all need to help to take care of each other. When you thought I wasn?t
looking, I saw you give your time and money to people who had nothing and I
learned that those who have something, should give to those who don?t.
When  you thought I wasn?t looking, I felt you kiss me goodnight and I felt
loved and safe.  When you thought I wasn?t looking, I saw tears come from
your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt and that it?s alright to
cry. When you thought I wasn?t looking, I saw how you handled your
responsibilities even when you didn?t feel well and I learned that I would
need to be responsible when I grow up. When you thought I wasn?t looking, I
was looking at you and I wanted to say, Thank you for all the things I saw
when you thought I wasn?t looking.?

My friends, they?re always looking.   Our children are looking and learning
from every thing we do and every thing we don?t do. Like Isaac who walked
alongside his father, if we set the right example, our children will be
right there in step with us when G-d calls for us to meet him alone on the
top of a mountain. If we role model properly for them, than they will have
the knowledge, the courage, the inner strength with which to climb the
mountain they will encounter later in life and they will encounter
mountains. This is the hope and the continuity of our nation and for all
civilization.

No comments: