Thursday, May 2, 2013

The widow - joke


Becky's husband dies. It was not until sometime after that Becky was finally able to speak about what a thoughtful and wonderful man her late husband had been. 
"Sidney thought of everything," she told some friends. "Just before he died, Sidney called me to his bedside and handed me 3 envelopes." 
"Becky," he told me, "I have put all my last wishes in these 3 envelopes. After I am gone, open them in sequence and do exactly as I have written. Only then can I rest in peace." 
"What was in the 1st envelope?" her friends asked. 
"It contained £5,000 with a note, ‘Please use this money to buy me a nice coffin’. So I bought a beautiful mahogany coffin for him." 
"The 2nd envelope contained £10,000 with a note, ‘Please use this for a nice funeral’. I made Sidney a very dignified funeral and bought all his favourite foods for the shiva, including some fine malt whisky." 
"And the 3rd envelope?" asked her friends. 
"The 3rd envelope contained £25,000 with a note, ‘Please use this to buy a nice stone’. So I did." 
Becky then held up her hand and pointed to her 5 carat diamond ring. "So," said Becky, "You like my stone?"

No comments: