Friday, August 31, 2012

Joke: Rabbi to the Rescue


The house was absolutely quiet. All the people slept peacefully. Suddenly, the telephone rang and broke the silence. Rabbi Fribich looked up at the clock over his bed. It was three o'clock in the morning. Who could be calling at such an hour?
The rabbi picked up the phone and heard the voice of a member of his congregation. "Rabbi, you must help me. I have been arrested for the crime of tax evasion. I have been placed in jail together with a bunch of addicts and criminals. I don't know what to do!" The rabbi replied, "I will do what I can to help you. Don't worry, everything will be okay."
 Later on, when the rabbi met the "prisoner" after he was set free, he asked why he had turned to him and not to a lawyer. The answer was, "Are you crazy? To call a lawyer at three o'clock in the morning?"

No comments: