Tuesday, September 26, 2023

The lie detector

 Moscowitz decides there is too much lying in his home. So he buys a lie detector, an AI robot that beeps every time someone utters a lie.

That night, mom asks their daughter Shirley, “did you clean up your room? Last time I checked, it looked like a hurricane hit it?”

Of course, mom! My room is spotless.

--Beep!

ooops… Yes, mom, I was actually on tic-tac.

Okay. Timmy, mom says, have you done your school work tonight? You have a big exam coming up!

--Of course, mom!

 --Beep!

Oops…. mom, I was actually watching a movie.

Was it an appropriate and clean movie?           

--Of course, mom.

Beep!

Dad is outraged. “I never watched such inappropriate stuff when I was your age.”

Beep!

Mom looks at dad and says: Well, he’s certainly your son.

No comments: